Ayurveda traces its origin back to the Indian subcontinent, some 5000 years ago. However, it’s no longer restricted to certain geographical origins as such. The phenomenal healing potential has added to the growing popularity of Ayurveda in Sunshine Coast and similar western regions. People in large numbers have begun acknowledging the benefits and effectiveness of Ayurveda in living a healthy and peaceful life.
In the present world where we are so driven by our daily duties and work activities, we have almost neglected the importance of having a balanced life. We are continuously straining ourselves, in all physical, mental, and spiritual aspects. That’s the primary reason behind the increasing number of health issues and lack of peace & happiness. By switching to Ayurveda, we can certainly regain balance in our lives for a healthy and long life in the future. Ayurveda is a holistic way of treating the human body to re-establish an ideal state of peace and wellness. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to develop a healthy lifestyle rather than curing specific health disorders.
People willing to lead a healthy and happy life can begin to practice Ayurveda in Sunshine Coast. You don’t necessarily have to be ill or physically strained to opt for Ayurvedic medicines, exercises, and treatments. Ayurveda lays greater emphasis on the concept of prevention and promotes maintaining health by opting for a proper diet, right thinking, and other lifestyle habits. It enforces people to understand the unique composition of their bodies and how necessary changes can bring about an ideal balance in the body. Ayurveda is based on the belief that wellness depends on a delicate balance maintained in each human body. Hence, all Ayurvedic treatments, herbs, and medicines follow a comprehensive approach to establishing the perfect balance between the body, mind, and spirit.
Ayurveda: The basics
As per Ayurveda, everything dead or alive in the universe is connected in some way or the other. It states that if your body, mind, and spirit are in harmony with other forces in the universe, you are in good health. However, any disruption in this balance can impact your health and wellness negatively. Ayurvedic practitioners believe that every human body is made up of five basic elements i.e. air, water, space, fire, and earth. These elements further contribute to forming the three main life forces also known as the doshas.
These three life forces or Doshas combine together to control all the activities that your body performs. Every individual has a unique formation of these life energies where one dosha is generally dominant over the other two. These three doshas are as follows:
- Vata Dosha (Space & Air) – As per Ayurveda, this dosha is believed to be the most powerful among other doshas. This force controls the basic functions such as breathing, heart function, mental function, etc.
- Pitta Dosha (Fire & Water) – This dosha controls the digestion and metabolism functions in the body and regulates hormones related to appetite. People who have pitta dosha as their main life force are more likely to develop heart diseases.
- Kapha Dosha (Water & Earth) – This dosha controls the muscle growth, strength, weight, and immune system of your body. Any misbalance in this dosha can lead to severe health problems such as cancer, diabetes, nausea, etc.
Benefits of Ayurveda
Ayurveda, a healing system that primarily focuses on disease prevention and cure follows proper diets, routine detoxes, Ayurvedic treatment, and herbal medicines to foster a healthy and long life. Unlike other western medicines that focus on providing immediate remedies to health issues, Ayurveda strives to detect the root cause of the problem and eliminate it completely. While the benefits of Ayurveda are in abundance, the following listed are some of them:
- Holistic healing approach – As mentioned above, Ayurveda is not just limited to providing quick aid to health problems. Rather it follows a holistic healing process that involves finding the root cause of the problem and treating it appropriately. Once you begin to practice Ayurveda, you can get rid of all sorts of health issues permanently over time.
- No side effects – One of the major concerns while opting for new treatments is the risk of side effects that follow. In the case of Ayurveda, you don’t really have to worry about that. Since it’s a natural healing system that uses natural techniques and herbs, it is absolutely safe. Anyone irrespective of their age or gender can switch to Ayurveda.
- Suitable for all health conditions – Ayurveda focuses on dealing with the very basic formation elements of your body i.e. the life forces. No matter whether it’s a chronic heart disease or mere sleeping disorder, the Ayurvedic medicines are directed toward healing the root cause of the problem rather than specific organs or areas in the body. Hence, Ayurveda is suitable for all health problems.
Ayurveda is one of the oldest healing systems known to humankind and is still thriving and growing across the world. The benefits and efficacy of this medical system are well-known and tested. If you are willing to bring a change in your imbalanced and unhealthy life, Ayurveda is the way out! Transform every aspect of your life in a positive way.