Exercise has become a part of everyday life for people concerned about fitness and a healthy lifestyle. As it is rightly said that “Health is Wealth”, it is thus justifiable that people invest in a healthy lifestyle and make exercising a daily regime. However, in the 21st-century exercise is related more to the gym culture, use of machines, and different types of equipment to make exercising more result-oriented, where each piece of equipment is designed to focus on a particular body part. The gym is a setup that allows many people to exercise at the same time in a common space. As much as it sounds convenient but for some, the waiting hours and designated timings are a big NO, and that has sprouted the concept of home or garage gyms. Garage gyms are personalized spaces and can be developed according to one’s requirements, and so with time garage gyms have also developed into various styles. Moreover, with the concept of a home gym, garages have been found to be the most convenient as they offer the perfect size for a gym in addition to a lesser chance of noise production and potential damage to the house. If you are looking to do your own garage gym, here are some ideas to pick from:
- Diversified workout area: If you have made up your mind to convert your garage space into a gym then be assured that it is the best idea if you are looking for variety in your workout session. A garage offers an ample amount of space to create dedicated areas for workouts. You can find space for your treadmill, your yoga mat, and also a devoted corner for HIIT. However, remember that before preparing the space for the gym pay attention to the flooring. It is believed that flooring is the foundation of a gym, and so choosing a proper flooring remains second to none. Invest in best garage gym flooring for proper comfort and efficacious. By using the total garage area you can create a multipurpose space that houses a selection of equipment in an uncluttered way and also has enough space for more than one person to use the gym.
- Multipurpose Room: A garage gym can be designed in a way that it could be used for different purposes such as both as a gym and a laundry room, or as a utility area too. In case you are short of space and using the whole garage area as the gym is just too much to ask for then utilize the space in a smart way. A corner of the garage can be devoted to the laundry purpose and the rest can be used as a gym. You can use gym flooring rolls to roll out during exercise and then store away, however, it is recommended that gym flooring should be pasted with adhesive in the existing flooring for HIIT workouts or during weight lifting to prevent accidents. The spare space in the gym can also be used as a mudroom or sewing room depending on the demand. The idea is to use the space smartly and innovatively where the garage can be used for multiple activities.
- Opening up the space: Garage gyms can be dark and so opening up the space a bit can bring in some light and fresh air. To create an open space look you can add up a sliding door that opens up to the garden area or the patio and gives an airy and open feeling. In addition, you can choose a glass roof or french window to bring in some natural light. Bringing in light and air can rescind the muggy feeling.
- Add colors: If the monochromatic nature bores you and makes the gym less interesting, you can cheer up the environment with some colors. Colors can be added with some posters, bringing in some colorful dumbbells and most interestingly through the flooring. Look for some colorful alternates in the best garage gym flooring and color up your space in the most innovative way to make the most out of your home gym.
- Create Storage: If your garage gym is more of a family gym then the idea of storage is very important to keep the space tidy and well organized. Including some lockers or cabinets can help in arranging the personal items in a better way with designated space for everyone. This will ensure that the space remains utilized and apt.
- Sleek and White: White is always the most appropriate option while finalizing the color scheme for your garage gym. If you are confused about what color theme to opt for your gym, always remember that white can never go wrong. White gives a stylish and sleek look in addition it tackles the darkness of the gym by creating a vibrancy with white. To complement the white walls and ceilings, you can invest in navy blue, black, or any dark color gym flooring rolls.
These are the only options that people are experiencing and have some positive reviews as these ideas are time-tested and loved. However, you can also move forward and create your space in a totally new way according to your taste and be a pioneer in the style. This is totally up to you on how would you want your workout space to be, as you have already opted for a home gym away from the crowd of commercial gyms, you might as well have something already planned in your mind. These recommendations can guide you on the way to creating your personal garage gym.